Celine Liang, a junior from Saratoga High School, placed 1st overall in 6th annual Math Prize for Girls held in MIT. Kristine Zhang earned herself a honorable mention.
Katie Wu, an 8th grader from Redwood Middle School, won the Youth Prize (winner of middle school) and 4th place overall.
Congratulations to Celine Liang, Kristine Zhang, and Katie Wu for their outstanding achievement.
Here are the top ten placements.
1. Celine Liang (11th grade, Saratoga HS, CA), Score 17, $29,300 [see Note]
2. (tie) Nina Vendhan (11th grade, Kent Denver School, CO), Score 16, $7500
2. (tie) Danielle Wang (12th grade, Andrew Hill HS, CA), Score 16, $7500 [see Note]
4. Catherine Wu (8th grade, Redwood MS, CA), Score 14, $1500
5. Siye (Annie) Zhu (10th grade, Phillips Academy Andover, MA), Score 14, $1500
6. Jacqueline (Jackie) Bredenberg (12th grade, Detroit Country Day School, MI), Score 13, $1000
7. Demi Guo (11th grade, Hangzhou No. 2 HS, China), Score 13, $1000
8. Rachel Zhang (11th grade, Parkway South HS, MO), Score 12, $350
9. Nitya Mani (12th grade, Harker School, CA), Score 12, $350
10. Serina Hu (10th grade, Hunter College HS, NY), Score 12, $350
You can sign up for Saratoga Math Club registration below. You can use the same form to sign up just for AMC 10/12 as well. After you've have registered, please follow the prompting to make a payment in Saratoga Web Store.
September 16, 2014
3:15pm in Redwood MS Main Library
Please find the pdf of the google slide below for your information.
I've updated the web-site to include past exams that includes RMS placement and selection tests, 2013-14 on-campus contests, and selected Mathcounts contests.
You can find "past exams" under Redwood MS tab.
The results for the Redwood Placement test will be released by Mr. Yim after Labor Day, .
Meanwhile, here's a link to the answers to the placement test:
Some of the questions were taken out due to errors.
Please visit Redwood MS for details about Redwood MS Math Club.
SHS Math Club prepares the Redwood Math Club Placement Test every year. For next year (2014-15), we will modify the format of the Redwood Math Club Placement Test. In addition to the usual short answer questions, we will be adding a small number of free response questions to test student's basic skills in algebra.
The Placement Test will also be comprised of questions of difficulty similar to that of Math Olympiad for Elementary and Middle School, MS & HS CaML, Regional Mandelbrot, AMC-8 and -10, and include some questions from AIME. You can obtain past contests of AMC-8, -10, and AIME from artofproblemsolving.com web-site.
Of the four Saratoga students participated in the 2014 USA (Junior) Mathematical Olympiad, Celine Liang and Sean Shi are invited to participate in the Mathematical Olympiad Summer Program (MOSP).
Approximately fifty of the most promising students from USA are invited for a 3-4 week intensive math program. Immediately following the program some of the participants will be chosen for various international level math competitions.
Special congratulations to Celine Liang, who was named among the winners for the USA Junior Mathematics Olympiad.
USAJMO Top 11 Winners and Honorable Mentions
1-10 of 98